Login with these five quick steps:
1. Click "Azure SSO".
2. Enter your full Howard University-issued email address.
3. Enter the corresponding password.
4. Complete the 2-step verification.
5. Enter code from phone or email and click verify.
Troubleshooting your Blackboard Login
Try the following tips to troubleshoot your Blackboard login:
1. Please clear your browser's cache before accessing Blackboard. Cached passwords will block the update from working.
2. Access Blackboard via a new browser. This will help with ensuring the cache is clear from storing old passwords.
3. Do not use your full email address as your username. You should use the first part of your network credentials before the @ symbol. As an example, an email address is Jamie.Doe@howard.edu, but the azure ID is Jamie.Doe.
For further assistance with accessing Blackboard, email ETS-Applications@howard.edu.
We have partnered with Okta to provide a new way to access Workday. Okta is an identity management system brought on to harden our security and access protocols with Workday. Okta will provide secure protection to your usernames and passwords. It will also provide a better experience for you.
You should will receive a personalized email that will provide you with:
- A timed link to access the new Workday log-in page. The link will expire in seven days. You must complete this process in that time frame; otherwise, you will be locked out of the system.
- A new personalized username that will begin with “HF” (it will not be your email).
- A new password which will be used to log in. Once you are logged in you will be able to change your password.
- Once you have activated your account you will be able to change your password and Unlock your account when needed, directly from the Okta login page.
Full instructions are below.
Workday Access Using Okta
First-Time Access: Password and Second Factor Setup Using Okta
Step 1: Copy/paste the following URL into your browser: https://howard.okta.com/
Step 2: You will receive the Okta Login Screen as shown below. Enter your Username provided (beginning with HF) and temporary password provided by the Administrator.
Step 3: Set up the Second-Factor SMS Authentication, click on “Configure factor” as shown below.
Step 4: Provide the US mobile phone number on which you want to receive the SMS authentication, then click on “Send Code”. This phone number will be used by Okta for sending all future SMS codes.
Step 5: Confirm the mobile phone number by entering the code from Okta verification text message received on your mobile phone. Then click on “Verify”.
Step 6: Update the password with Howard compliant password. In the “Old password” field, enter the temporary password provided by your Administrator. Enter a new password using password policy displayed on screen (as shown below) and then click on “Change Password”.
Step 7: Complete Okta user registration by selecting the account recovery security question answers and select the log-in screen image (only if displayed – Okta may not ask you to elect an image during the first-time login). Click on “Create My Account” to complete the first time user setup.
Step 8: Users should see “Workday” application icon in the Application section if you are setup with access to Workday. This is the Okta Landing page. Click on the Workday application icon to get seamless access to Workday application, without entering any more credentials.
Ongoing Login Steps
Copy/paste the following URL into your browser: https://howard.okta.com/ to receive the Okta login screen below:
Click on the “Send Code” on the Multi-factor SMS screen.
Click on the SMS Code received from Okta and Click on “Verify”. You will be authenticated into Okta and taken to the Landing Page with Workday application icon.
Click on the Workday application icon to access the Workday application.
Some users will encounter the following error screen:
If you get this error, simply press the blue "go to homepage" button to be redirected to the login page.
To safeguard access to Banner, and as a security measure, information on how staff can access Banner will be shared privately via managers. You will be invited to a Zoom call being set up for 11:30 AM today, coordinated by Konya White, where you will be able to walk through the steps with a trainer.
For instructions and to log-in: https://ssb-prod.ec.howard.edu/PROD/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin
Back to top