What is the first thing I should I do to access my email & Wifi?
In order to access Howard University systems, RESET YOUR PASSWORD FIRST. The new password policy enacted on September 13 stats that your password must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Not contain the user's account name or parts of the user's full name that exceed two consecutive characters
- Be at least fourteen (14) characters in length
- Contain characters from three of the following four categories
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
- Complexity requirements are enforced when passwords are changed or created.
Please follow the password reset instructions on the How to Access University Systems page to reset your password. Once completed you will be able to access HU Wifi and MS Tools including outlook.
Encrypted & Personal Devices
If you know that your computer has encrypted files on them, DO NOT PLUG THEM IN. We will let you know where to take the encrypted devices shortly. The triage center in the UGL is not open today.
DO NOT BRING YOUR PERSONAL COMPUTER TO CAMPUS AND PLUG IN to our network. You will be provided a HU computer for you to use as soon as possible. You will be prompted when this device is ready.
To safeguard for anyone having an encrypted desktop or laptop that is plugged in, we have disabled your local area network. Any devices like printers and VOIP phones will not work. We will open LANs later this week.
If your desktop or laptop do not have WiFI accessibility, you will not be able to access Howard University’s network at this time.
If you are working remotely, please follow instructions included within on accessing the University’s apps.