Dear Howard University Community,
Howard University will be closed on Monday, May 29, 2023, in observance of Memorial Day. The campus will resume regular hours of operation on Tuesday, May 30.
Unless designated as essential personnel, employees should not travel to Howard University to work.
All buildings will be secured and locked. Essential personnel needing access to campus buildings must check in with the Department of Public Safety (DPS) at 202-806-1100.
- DPS will provide continuous safety and security coverage and building access to essential employees during the federal holiday.
- Physical Facilities Management will continue to respond to urgent situations and emergencies.
- Enterprise Technology Services Help Desk support will be available, and personnel will be on standby for emergency IT-related issues.
- Howard University Hospital will remain open.
- The Faculty Practice Plan will be closed on Monday, May 30, and service will resume on Tuesday, May 31.
- There will be no shuttle service on Monday, May 29. Shuttle services will resume Tuesday, May 30.
- The Bison One Card Office will be closed Monday, May 29. Please contact email@example.com for any urgent matters.
- The University bookstore will be closed on Saturday, May 27, and Monday, May 29.
- Graphics, Printing, and Mail Services will be closed on Monday, May 29. No deliveries to residence halls or offices will be made.
- The Market at West Tower will be open from 10:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. All other dining services will be closed.
All other requests for staff to work on Memorial Day are to be restricted to critical and time-sensitive activities in accordance with Howard University’s policies and federal guidelines.
Have a safe and restful holiday.
Excellence in Truth and Service,
Tashni-Ann Dubroy, Ph.D.
Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer