Howard University’s campus is open for tomorrow, September 15, 2021.
Face-to-face and online courses will continue per the normal schedule.
WiFi is available throughout campus, however there are some spots on campus with weaker signals. ETS is continuing to work through the night to mitigate any issues with signal strength.
To access Howard University systems, faculty and staff MUST RESET THEIR PASSWORDS FIRST. The new password policy enacted on September 13 states that your password must:
- Not contain the user’s account name or parts of the user’s full name that exceed two consecutive characters;
- Be at least 14 characters in length;
- Contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z);
- English lowercase characters (a through z);
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9); and
- Non-alphabetic characters (i.e., !, $, #, %).
Complexity requirements are enforced when passwords are changed or created. Passwords must meet the minimum requirements stated above.
Please follow these password reset instructions to reset your password. Once completed, you will be able to access HU WiFi and MS Tools, including Outlook.
Please check this page for detailed instructions on how you can access each application that you will need in order to conduct day-to-day operations and attend classes.
Thank you for your continued support, and we will continue to navigate this unfortunate situation together.