Being a member of the Howard University community means that each of us must take extraordinary steps to stay safe and protect each other, on campus and in the community.
Accountable together, I pledge to take responsibility for my own health, protect others, and help keep the University community safe from the spread of COVID-19 and other infections as identified and instructed by the university.
I Pledge to:
Protect Myself By:
- Self-monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19 by providing truthful and complete information in completing the daily assessment questionnaire via the Bison Safe App and reporting any fever of 100.4 F (38 C) or higher, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chills, shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell.
- Contacting the Student Health Center for medical evaluation if I have symptoms.
- Washing my hands often with soap and water or using hand sanitizer.
Protect Others By:
- Adhering to capacity limits in social situations to prevent high-spread scenarios.
- Maintaining appropriate physical distancing, especially in classroom settings and other public areas, or in the presence of older or other vulnerable community members.
- Staying home or in my dorm room if I feel ill or after exposure to someone who is ill or has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Wearing an appropriate face mask and other protective gear consistent with the University's directive on face coverings.
Protect Our Bison Community By:
- Submitting to all mandatory COVID-19 testing required by the University.
- Cooperating with the University and government health officials as needed to assist in contact tracing cases exposure and infections that may occur within the HU community.
- Complying with mandatory isolation and quarantine in compliance with the University’s directives for quarantine if I have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19 or presumed to have COVID-19 based on symptoms.
- Carefully observing instructional signs and directions.
- Completing all University-mandated COVID-19 training.
Any student who refuses or fails to comply with these requirements and precautions, and any other measures the University advances for the safety and protection of the Howard Community, will constitute a violation of the University’s Student Code of Conduct and could result in sanctions up to and including expulsion from the University.