During the time in which many of our Howard University faculty and staff are working remotely, we understand the importance of a strong Virtual Private Network (VPN) to our campus community.
In August, we retired Pulse Secure VPN and transitioned to the Cisco AnyConnect VPN. For your convenience, we have included step-by-step instructions and video tutorials for both PC and Mac users to show you how to download, install and connect to Cisco AnyConnect. They are located on our Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) website via the Work at Home Tools. When trying to access the video tutorials, please make sure you have cookies enabled on your web browser.
Please note that DUO is still needed for access to Cisco AnyConnect. If you are not registered for DUO, please complete the form here or send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For useful software and tutorials for working from home, please visit the ETS site.
Calling the ETS Help Desk
- Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) has partnered with Blackboard to enhance our IT Help Desk. As a result of this partnership, they have expanded their services:
- Help Desk staff members are now available 24/7/365 at (202)806-2020. This means you can contact them any time or day for support.
- Chat services are now available 24/7/365. You can access chat by clicking here and selecting chat.
- Self-help FAQs are also available for you to find helpful information 24/7/365. You can access them by clicking here.
- ETS's peak calling hours are 10 a.m – 2 p.m. EST. We recommend using the chat service if the phone line is busy.
- You can also check the ETS website for information about services here.
- Requests for support from ETS are here. Note: You may need to log in to Microsoft to complete the form.