Resources for the University community to heal and thrive are available for anyone impacted by sexual assault and other forms of interpersonal violence. Below is a list of resources available to members of the University community.
- Student Health Center and Howard University Hospital provide medical services to survivors of sexual assault and other interpersonal violence. Note: SANE exams/Rape Kits are only available at the Washington Hospital Center
- Department of Public Safety (DPS) responds to incidents of interpersonal violence and facilitates investigations
- Title IX Office trains the University Community on Title IX Compliance, protections and rights. The Title IX office also conducts investigations and facilitates alternative forms of resolution.
- Interpersonal Violence Prevention Program (IVPP) offers advocacy, education and training to the University community and provides the tools to keep the campus free from all forms of sexual misconduct. IVPP also assists survivors of sexual assault and other interpersonal violence with obtaining Court ordered Temporary Restraining orders; seeking a SANE Exam/Rape Kit from Washington Hospital Center; and seeking support services off campus. Contact: email@example.com
- University Counseling Service provides counseling and other therapeutic services to survivors of sexual assault and other interpersonal violence.
- Special Student Services provides survivors of sexual assault and other interpersonal violence with academic accommodations as needed.